Control Disease with Denagard® (tiamulin hydrogen fumarate)
Respiratory and enteric diseases can inhibit pig health, limiting performance and profitability. Denagard®(tiamulin hydrogen fumarate) plus chlortetracycline (CTC) allows pigs to achieve and maintain better performance by controlling the disease challenges they face.
Control Disease with Denagard plus CTC
Recent research results have shown that controlling respiratory and enteric disease through therapeutic treatment with Denagard plus CTC resulted in improved performance in grow-finish pigs compared to regimens of oxytetracycline (OTC) or CTC alone.
- By Controlling disease, Denagard plus CTC-medicated pigs showed significantly higher daily gain and achieved a significantly higher body weight at the end of the trial period than OTC pigs (+3.9 lbs.) and nonmedicated pigs (+5.7 lbs.)1
- F:G results indicated a trend toward improvement in the Denagard plus CTC group vs. the OTC pigs (−0.1 pts) and nonmedicated pigs (−0.09 pts)2
- Denagard plus CTC provided a 4:1 return on investment3
Denagard plus CTC offers:
- Activity from two antibiotics whose individual actions complement one another2
- Enteric and respiratory disease control*
- Convenience of feed medication
- Strategic applications for disease control providing cost-effective performance
Product Uses – Denagard plus CTC
- 3.5 lbs. of Denagard per ton of complete feed, with chlortetracycline to provide 10 mg CTC per pound of body weight
- 2-day preslaughter withdrawal
Quickly Treat Swine Dysentery and Swine Pneumonia with Denagard LC
Left untreated, respiratory diseases such as pneumonia spread rapidly and can be very contagious, with high morbidity and mortality. Enteric diseases can cause depression, diarrhea and weight loss or weakness in growing pigs. When an outbreak occurs, you need a quick, reliable solution.
Denagard Liquid Concentrate (LC) is the only water-based formulation that treats both swine dysentery and swine pneumonia. Its unique formulation allows pigs to quickly receive needed medication, even if they’ve gone off feed. Readily absorbed from the gut, it can be found in the blood within 30 minutes after dosing, with improvements typically seen within 24 to 48 hours.
Denagard LC is:
- Efficacious:Effective against outbreaks in all production phases.
- Fast-acting: Initial response with 24 to 48 hours.
- Convenient: Add directly to drinking water.
- Hammer JM, Dau D. Performance improvement of finishing pigs fed Denagard (tiamulin) plus chlortetracycline in-feed antibiotic vs. oxytetracycline in-feed antibiotic or non-medicated feed, in Proceedings. 21st IPVS Congress 2010;1004.
- Hammer JM. 2006 IPVS Satellite Seminar
- Waddell, et al. Early finishing performance of pigs fed Denagard plus chlortetracycline in the grower diet, in Proceedings. Annual Meeting of the American Association of Swine Veterinarians 2010;173-176.
* Enteric disease associated with ileitis, swine dysentery, Escherichia coli, Salmonella choleraesuis and/or respiratory disease associated with Pasteurella multocida.