Control Disease and Improve Grow-Finish Performance with Denagard® (tiamulin hydrogen fumarate)
Even at subclinical levels, respiratory and enteric diseases can inhibit pig health, limiting performance and profitability. At times of health challenges in a grow-finish unit, Denagard® (tiamulin hydrogen fumarate) plus chlortetracycline (CTC) allows pigs to achieve and maintain better performance by controlling the disease challenges they face.
Control Disease, Increase Performance with Denagard (tiamulin hydrogen fumarate) plus Chlortetracycline (CTC)
Research results have shown that controlling respiratory and enteric disease with an in-feed antimicrobial regimen of Denagard plus CTC resulted in better growth and overall performance in grow-finish pigs.
- Denagard plus CTC-medicated pigs showed significantly higher daily gain and achieved a significantly higher body weight at the end of the trial period than OTC pigs (+3.9 lbs.) and nonmedicated pigs (+5.7 lbs.)1
- F:G results indicated a trend toward improvement in the Denagard plus CTC group vs. the OTC pigs (−0.1 pts) and nonmedicated pigs (−0.09 pts)1
- Denagard plus CTC provided a 4:1 return on investment2
Denagard plus CTC offers:
- Activity from two antibiotics whose individual actions complement one another2
- Enteric and respiratory disease control*
- Convenience of feed medication
- Application for disease control providing cost-effective performance
Quickly Treat Swine Dysentery and Swine Pneumonia with Denagard (tiamulin hydrogen fumarate) Liquid Concentrate 12.5%
Left untreated, respiratory diseases such as pneumonia spread rapidly and can be very contagious, with high morbidity and mortality. Enteric diseases can cause depression, diarrhea and weight loss or weakness in growing pigs. When an outbreak occurs, you need a quick, reliable solution.
Denagard Liquid Concentrate (LC) is the only water-based formulation that treats both swine dysentery and swine pneumonia. Its unique formulation can allow pigs to quickly receive needed medication, even if they’ve gone off feed. Readily absorbed from the gut, it can be found in the blood within 30 minutes after dosing.4
Denagard LC is:
- Proven effective
- Rapid treatment
- Convenient to use
- Hammer JM, Dau D. Performance improvement of finishing pigs fed Denagard (tiamulin) plus chlortetracycline in-feed antibiotic vs. oxytetracycline in-feed antibiotic or non-medicated feed, in Proceedings. 21st IPVS Congress 2010;1004.
- Hammer JM. 2006 IPVS Satellite Seminar
- Hammer JM, Dau D, Jacela J. Effects of Denagard® plus chlortetracycline or oxytetracycline in-feed antimicrobials on growth performance of growing-finishing pigs. Paper presented at: American Association of Swine Veterinarians Annual Meeting; March 2011; Phoenix, AZ.
- Anderson MD, Stroh SL. Rogers S. Tiamulin (Denagard) activity in certain swine tissues following oral and intramuscular administration, in Proceedings. American Association of Swine Practitioners Congress 1994;115-117.
* Enteric disease associated with ileitis, swine dysentery, Escherichia coli, Salmonella choleraesuis and/or respiratory disease associated with Pasteurella multocida.